ZARI Cloud 9
A fun and fluffy twist on party mocktails. These Zari Sparkling Red infusions topped with candy floss clouds are great for mums-to-be, baby showers, naming ceremonies and kids parties.Ingredients:
- Juice of 2 grapefruit (fresh or packaged juice)
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 10g basil leaves
- 900ml ZARI Sparkling Red Grape juice
- Cotton candy
- Mix grapefruit and lemon juice together in a jug.
- Bruise the basil and place into the juice. Cover and allow to steep in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
- Strain the juice mixture (to remove the basil leaves and grape fruit pulp) and mix together with chilled ZARI grape juice.
- Serve in your choice of glassware topped with different shades of cotton candy.
- Note: Before pouring and floss topping, experiment with dipping the rim of serving glasses in lemon juice and then into brown sugar or vermicelli to create a sweet and sparkling encrusted rim.
- Hint: candy floss machines may be hired for events
Diamonds and pearl biscuits
Make these magical buttery biscuits showered with a constellation of silver baubles to scatter as edible table confetti.Ingredients:
- 1 cup castor sugar
- 2 cups butter
- 3 cups cake flour
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg white
- 1tsp lemon juice
- 1 ½ cup icing sugar
- Silver balls to decorate
Preheat oven to 180. Using an electric mixer, cream the butter and castor sugar. Sift the cake flour and salt into the butter mixture and work into a soft dough.
Divide the dough into 4 and roll out on a floured surface until 2mm thick.
Using the cookie cutter shape of your choice, cut the dough and place the shapes on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Bake for approximately 10-15 minutes until firm. Remove from the over and place on a wire rack to cool completely. While the cookies are cooling, whisk the egg whites and lemon juice lightly, then add in icing sugar and whisk until smooth.
Ice the cookies with a layer of icing and sprinkle over the silver balls.