Rooibos tea, indigenous to the Cederberg Mountains, is used as the base note for a refreshing summer mocktail, incorporating flavours of lemongrass and lime.
- 2 rooibos teabags 2 lemongrass stalks, split lengthways
- 1½ cups (375ml) boiling water
- small handful of fresh basil leaves
- 1 small lime, sliced
- 2 cups (500ml) ZARI Lifestyle White
- ¼ cup (60ml) fresh orange juice ice, to serve
1.) Place the rooibos teabags and lemongrass in a small bowl. Pour the boiling water into the bowl and allow to steep for 5 minutes. Remove the teabags from the bowl, then set aside to cool and infuse.
2.) Remove the lemongrass stalks from the cooled tea. Pour the tea into a large jug and add the basil leaves and lime slices.
3.) Top up with ZARI Lifestyle White and the orange juice. Stir gently, then serve with ice.
Servings: 4-5Food pairing suggestions:
Mason jars add to the feel good experience. Spoil your taste buds with a delicious tea cake and iced dainty accompaniments to savour.